Teresa Mary Rose's Reviews > A Lord for the Lass

A Lord for the Lass by Amalie Howard

bookshelves: 2018, adult, arc, cover-love, for-review, historical-fiction, netgalley-edelweiss

A Lord For The Lass was another good read from the writing duo that is Amalie Howard and Angie Morgan. I don't read historical romances all that often, but I am definitely hooked by this series and I enjoyed this one even more than I did the first of this spin off series.

Makenna was such a great character! She has been through so much but she is still so strong and so fierce. I loved how brave she was and how she was also so compassionate and cared so much for others. And then there was Julian... oh my how I loved him! He is so charming and so witty and I fell hard. But he is also so guarded and it was nice to watch him open up and finally trust enough to be truly happy. The book also delivered a great cast of secondary characters. Malcolm is such a sweetheart and I adored Julian's mom.

I also loved catching up with some great characters again! I especially loved seeing Brandt, and even though it was super brief it was nice to see him again. I think he is still my favorite, although Julian and that sass of his came close to knocking him off that top spot. And I feel like I have been talking about Ronan since My Scot, My Surrender came out, but that man needs a book and he needs it now!

Along with great characters though, I really loved the suspense plot woven throughout. I did peg the bad guy early on, but I was still kept on the edge of my seat waiting to see how it was all going to play out.

All in all, A Lord For The Lass was another good read from this duo and I am looking forward to more from them *cough*Ronan*cough*.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Lord for the Lass.

October 2, 2018 – Shelved