Jessica Dowell's Reviews > Mark of the Raven

Mark of the Raven by Morgan L. Busse

I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher in exchange for my honest review. The Mark of the Raven is a captivating story of a young woman who inherits the power of her ancestors, only to find out it is not what she thought it would be, and neither is her family. As she learns more about the power, and her family's history as dream walkers, she questions whether it is actually a gift or a curse.

From the first page, Selene's story gripped my heartstrings and kept pulling. Even as she tries to bury her heart to use her gift, it continues to come out to champion others. I love the paradox of her character and the contrast between Light and Dark. Though she has been trained to fight, she has a tender heart, and mourns for the people she hurts.

The story and the characters unfold slowly enough to allow the reader to fully experience the tension of the plot and the inner turmoil of the characters, but it does so without dragging.

The last few chapters of the book REALLY take off, though, so prepare yourself!

This was a truly beautifully written book, and I cannot recommend it enough. This story, the characters, the suspense, and the pulling of your heartstrings will hold you captive as you, with Selene, try to answer the question: Is the Mark of the Raven a gift, or a curse?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mark of the Raven.

Started Reading