Michele's Reviews > How to Blog a Book: Write, Publish, and Promote Your Work One Post at a Time

How to Blog a Book by Nina Amir

bookshelves: currently-reading
Reading for the 3rd time. Most recently started January 17, 2019.

This is the first book that I have read on blogging a book or blogging period. The beginning was very engaging. Then, I became very aware of the author's lack of authority on certain topics (which she herself addresses) and it made me sense that I needed to find other books written by people who really have done those things: marketing, wordpress, seo optimization etc.

I really appreciated the part about legal protection of one's intellectual property and how to create the outline. Given that the book asks the reader to do a lot of work, I would have preferred a workbook style of book so that I could see an actual outline of a person's blogged book.

This is one of the better boss about blogging because it gives you a solid focus for your blog. When I first started blogging, I want thinking about writing a book. However, because of Nina Amir, I am now blogging 3 books! I had the content and, with her awesome book, I have a hand guiding me through the process. This book needs to be read more than once and you'll want to have a notebook that you use for planning your blog nearby. My suggestion: Read a chapter, note the pages where Nina gives you something to do. Then, after you finish the chapter, return to those pages with the work she recommended and take the time to do it before moving on.

Because she expects you to have done the work before the next chapter, I wish she would made a workbook to go along with this book.

I initially dropped the rating down to 4 stars because, instead of offering a diversity of examples, the author talks about herself and her own work throughout the entire book. If you are a parent with a son who danced (I am not) you may not mind this but I did.
However, I gave this book a solid 5 rating because it delivers practical steps to the author trying to blog their book or to the blogger booking their blog. It's a solid book and I am sure it will remain a reference over the next year as I blog my books.

A good start. I'm on to read the books of other bloggers/authors... blauthors?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read How to Blog a Book.

October 1, 2018 – Started Reading