Kelly (Simply Kelina) C.'s Reviews > Verity

Verity by Colleen Hoover

4.5 Stars

It is no secret that I am a fan of Colleen Hoover, and I will read anything and everything she puts out. I had heard so many people raving about Verity, and I was not sure if it was going to be my thing. I normally do not read stories that are so dark and twisted, but this changed it all.
This did start off a little slow, and I was not immediately thrown into the story or the hype. I was not expecting this to be a story within a story. However; it quickly took a dark turn that I did not see coming. My heart was pounding as I was turning the pages to find out what would happen next. I was so mad at times that I had to take a break just as Lowen did in the story. At one time I started breaking down in tears from how disturbing from some of the details. This was a fast paced and intense ride and I loved it. It definitely made me want to jump into some more darker thrillers in the future.

Overall, this was really intense and really good. If you are looking for a romance, this is not for you. If you want a book to keep you up for hours to find out what happens, you need to pick this one up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Verity.

October 1, 2018 – Shelved