Katrina Berry's Reviews > Bought For Marriage

Bought For Marriage by Fiona Davenport

it was ok

Bought For Marriage by Fiona Davenport is a short read that incorporates themes of instalove and contract marriage. For once this was a miss for me. When writing these type of short romances an author has to be careful to balance it all out and many times that is hard for them to do within such tight constraints; I’ve only run across a few that are able to nail it.

This was a fast-paced, dual point-of-view read that was unfortunately so fast that the transition from locations was a hot mess. For example, one second to the next you would go from Sullivan’s office to the matchmaker’s office. Instead of confusing a reader and getting them disorientated by the sudden shift, I would recommend that the author instead use that as a stopping point for the old chapter and go into a brand new one, otherwise the author should use that first starting sentence to give the reader a better lead into and/or transition to the new location. This occurred a few times within this short read and it made a big impact on my enjoyment of the story.

An ARC was generously provided in exchange for an honest review of which this is both honest and completely voluntary.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bought For Marriage.

September 7, 2018 – Started Reading