Julie's Reviews > Cut to the Chaise

Cut to the Chaise by Karen Rose Smith

bookshelves: 2018, cozy-mystery, e-book, favorite-authors, klovers, kensington, netgalley

Cut to the Chaise by Karen Rose Smith is a 2018 Kensington Publication.

A fun, fast paced, and very special addition to the Caprice De Luca Mystery Series!

I have been eagerly anticipating this installment, knowing that finally Caprice will tie the knot with the love of her life. But, of course, as with any wedding, there is bound to be a last- minute snafu or two. But, for Caprice, a murder investigation could put a serious damper on all her wedding plans.

Caprice is planning to have her wedding reception at the Rambling Vines Winery, but when one of the owners is found murdered, it looks as though all her carefully laid plans were for naught. To make matters worse, the widow of the murdered man, who once had a dalliance with Caprice’s brother Vince, asks him to represent her, should she need legal counsel.

This puts a strain on Vince’s relationship with Roz, one of Caprice’s best friends. In order to save her wedding plans and to help ease tensions between Vince and Roz, Caprice steps in to help investigate the murder, hoping to find the killer before her big day.

I read this book in one sitting! I really did want to savor it a bit longer, but I couldn’t put it down!!

As always, the adorable pets featured in previous installments make an appearance, and they deserve an honorable mention, especially since they add so much charm to this wonderful series.

However, the mystery and family drama is what we came for, and Smith delivers a slam dunk. I was riveted to the pages, caught up in the emotions the featured couples were experiencing. Pre-wedding stress led to flared tempers and second thoughts. The mystery kept me on my toes, with several clever red herrings tossed in. I never came close to figuring out whodunit.

Overall, this is a well- constructed cozy mystery, is fast paced, will real depth. This is a wonderful and fun series, filled with love, family, and adorable fur babies. Caprice is a terrific character!! With each new chapter in this series, I feel like I’m visiting old friends I’ve really come to care about. So, what’s not to love?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Cut to the Chaise.

October 1, 2018 – Started Reading
October 1, 2018 – Shelved as: klovers
October 1, 2018 – Shelved as: kensington
October 1, 2018 – Shelved as: netgalley
November 25, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-22 of 22 (22 new)

message 1: by KAS (new)

KAS Glad this one was unputdownable and you look forward to reading this series, Julie ;) Fabulous review!! ❤️💚❤️

Julie KAS wrote: "Glad this one was unputdownable and you look forward to reading this series, Julie ;) Fabulous review!! ❤️💚❤️"

Thank you, KAS!! Such a wonderful series. KRS is one of my favorite authors!! 💖💖

message 3: by *TUDOR^QUEEN* (new)

*TUDOR^QUEEN* Wonderful review, Julie! How amazing that you read this in one day! Happy 5-star read! 👏🙌💕

Julie *TUDOR^QUEEN* wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! How amazing that you read this in one day! Happy 5-star read! 👏🙌💕"

Thank you, TQ!! 💖💖

Kaceey - Traveling Sister Terrific review Julie! Sounds like a fun read!🤗💜

Julie Kaceey - Traveling Sister wrote: "Terrific review Julie! Sounds like a fun read!🤗💜"

Thank you, Kaceey!! It really is a fun series! 💖

message 7: by sue (new)

sue Glad you enjoyed this Julie❣️

Julie sue wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this Julie❣️"

Thank you, Sue!! 💖

RedemptionDenied Excellent review, Julie!

Julie RedemptionDenied wrote: "Excellent review, Julie!"

Thank you, RD!! 💖

message 11: by Meredith (new)

Meredith Wonderful review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed!

message 12: by Jen (new)

Jen Super review, Julie. You are a reading machine!

Julie Meredith wrote: "Wonderful review, Julie! Glad you enjoyed!"

Thank you, Meredith!! 💖

Julie Jen wrote: "Super review, Julie. You are a reading machine!"

Thank you, Jen!! This one was an easy read. I was already familiar with the characters, so it went by super fast. 💖💖

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Julie! ❤

message 16: by Sandra (new)

Sandra Aww, what a cute book cover!
Great review Julie! :D

message 17: by Nicola (new)

Nicola Gipson Love that gorgeous book cover! Glad that you loved it Julie! 💕

Julie Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* wrote: "Terrific review, Julie! ❤"

Thank you, Mary Beth!! 💖

Julie Sandra wrote: "Aww, what a cute book cover!
Great review Julie! :D"

Thank you, Sandra!! I love the cover, too!! 💖

Julie Nicola wrote: "Love that gorgeous book cover! Glad that you loved it Julie! 💕"

Thank you, Nicola!! The cover art is fabulous! 💖

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Aw, I love when characters become friends. Wonderful review, Julie!

Julie Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader wrote: "Aw, I love when characters become friends. Wonderful review, Julie!"

Thank you, Jennifer!! 💖💖