Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)'s Reviews > Hell: The Possession and Exorcism of Cassie Stevens

Hell by Tom    Lewis

19967008

bookshelves: netgalley-edelweiss-publisher, horror

I’ve been in the mood for creepy possession books lately, so when the author reached out asking if I’d like to read his book, I jumped at the chance! I’m glad I did - HELL was exactly what I wanted to read.

After briefly dying I’m a car accident Cassie is brought back to life by doctors, but it seems something came back with her from the other side. She begins to experience events that can’t be explained, and when she begins to do research on it, she realizes she’s not alone. Can she be saved before the demon claims her soul?

HELL does a great job of jumping between POVs - we get to hear from several characters, but primarily from Cassie and the priest, Sean, whose paths eventually cross. The way the possession is described is a little different than its traditionally described in popular horror books and movies, which was a nice change of pace.

All in all, I really enjoyed this one, and I think readers who enjoy books that feature demonic possessions will too! Thank you so much to the author, Tom Lewis, for my copy of the book. It was my pleasure to provide an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hell.

September 30, 2018 – Shelved