Carrie's Reviews > The Corner of Holly and Ivy: A feel-good Christmas romance

The Corner of Holly and Ivy by Debbie Mason

bookshelves: netgalley

The Corner of Holly and Ivy by Debbie Mason is the seventh book in the contemporary romance Harmony Harbor series. The series not only takes place in Harmony Harbor but features a different single Gallagher male falling in love. With each book in the series having a different main couple they could be read as a standalone if choosing to do so.

The Corner of Holly and Ivy is Connor Gallagher and Arianna Bell’s second chance love story. Conner and Arianna had been high school sweethearts but had split apart although their feelings have never gone away. Conner realizes the depth of his feelings when Arianna is injured in a fire in her shop and knows he doesn’t want to live without her.

However, as Arianna recovers from her burns she finds herself helping her grandmother in the campaign for town mayor and when her grandmother needs to pull out of the race Arianna takes her place. And just as Arianna is thrust into the race Connor ends up having to replace his uncle pitting the two against one another giving them another obstacle at their second chance at love.

I joined the Harmony Harbor series later on so I’m never quite sure if previous characters appear or not but even with the late start I’ve found myself enjoying each new book. The one thing about Debbie Mason is she takes her romances to a whole new level with plenty of content to make for a more action packed romance than just two people falling in love. In this one both characters are dealing with family, a political campaign and then the outcome of the campaign and their own ups and downs together. So again this was another fun trip to Harmony Harbor that I’m sure romance readers will enjoy.

I received an advance copy from the publisher via NetGalley.

For more reviews please visit https://carriesbookreviews.com/

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Corner of Holly and Ivy.

September 30, 2018 – Shelved