Dennis's Reviews > The Electric State

The Electric State by Simon Stålenhag
Rate this book
Clear rating

by
64621419
's review

it was amazing
bookshelves: science-fiction, post-apocalyptic, dystopian, favorites, currently-reading, art
Reading for the 2nd time. Most recently started January 13, 2019.

Re-reading...

Because it's fantastic and deserves a proper review.

__________________________

All the stars!

This book is a piece of art! Literally. It's like nothing I've ever read before.

I took a lot of pictures and now have to decide which ones to use for my review. The light got a little bad towards the end. So I'll also have to retake some of them tomorrow. Therefore the review will take some time. But this book is worthy of the effort. I loved every second of it.

description

It goes straight onto my favorites shelf.

_____________________

There it is! :D

description

description

description

Thanks, Trish! 😘
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Electric State.
Sign In »

Reading Progress

September 30, 2018 – Shelved
September 30, 2018 – Shelved as: to-buy
September 30, 2018 – Shelved as: science-fiction
November 1, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
November 1, 2018 – Shelved as: next-please
November 3, 2018 – Started Reading
November 3, 2018 – Shelved as: post-apocalyptic
November 3, 2018 – Shelved as: dystopian
November 3, 2018 – Shelved as: favorites
November 3, 2018 – Finished Reading
January 13, 2019 – Started Reading
January 13, 2019 – Shelved as: art

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

dateDown arrow    newest »

Trish You are very welcome. I just hope you'll like it, too!


Dennis We'll find out now. :)


Trish Dennis wrote: "We'll find out now. :)"

Ha! *is excited*


Dennis OMG, the art! It's gorgeous. 😍


Trish 😬 I‘m so glad you seem to love it already.


message 6: by Dennis (last edited Nov 03, 2018 06:53AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Dennis Oh, I do. :) I'm really taking my time here. Savoring every second of it. Also taking a lot of pictures.

I wonder if you thought about the same thing than I did when you came across this one.

description


message 7: by Cathy (new)

Cathy Looks interesting!


Dennis It is absolutely fantastic, Cathy. A road trip through the post-apocalyptic US, full of eerie images and melancholy. The art is not from this world. I'm awestruck!


Trish Dennis wrote: "Oh, I do. :) I'm really taking my time here. Savoring every second of it. Also taking a lot of pictures.

I wonder if you thought about the same thing than I did when you came across this one.

"


A certain book/movie we've read this year, absolutely. ;)


Trish So glad you loved it, Dennis, and am looking forward to the pictures you're choosing for the review. :D


Dennis Trish wrote: "A certain book/movie we've read this year, absolutely. ;)

Exactly! :) I'll give you something more difficult. What about this one?

description


Trish (view spoiler)


Dennis I'm not sure why you're spoiler tagging that. *lol* But no, I thought of something else. Would have been a little scary though, if you did so too. ;)


Trish *lol* True, spoilers make no sense here. So tell me what you were thinking of!


Dennis I thought of Wipeout. Which has nothing to do with this book, of course. But that's why it would have been funny (and a little scary) if you'd thought of that as well.


Trish Dennis wrote: "I thought of Wipeout. Which has nothing to do with this book, of course. But that's why it would have been funny (and a little scary) if you'd thought of that as well."

Don't even know that title, I don't think? I only remember Whiteout.


Dennis Lol. That's not even close. Wipeout is a futuristic racing game that was (in)famous for its relentless speed and high difficulty in higher levels. As well as product placement (Red Bull, I think) and its soundtrack (The Prodigy and other popular bands).


message 18: by Trish (last edited Nov 04, 2018 02:04AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trish Well, that is quite unfair, then, because I don't know any sports games. *pouts* But it is very likely that the author does and used it in this book (there are a number of game references).


Dennis There are? I was only thinking of The Last of us and Wipeout, of course. I think I'll have to look for them when I'm retaking my pictures. It's so dark today, though, I don't even know if I'm doing it now. :(


Dennis Trish wrote: "So glad you loved it, Dennis, and am looking forward to the pictures you're choosing for the review. :D"

At long last the sky lit up for a few minutes and I took the pictures. So now I only have to choose the right ones from the 88 I got. Should be easy, right!? :-/


Trish Dennis wrote: "There are? I was only thinking of The Last of us and Wipeout, of course. I think I'll have to look for them when I'm retaking my pictures. It's so dark today, though, I don't even know if I'm doing..."

Ha! I thought about The Last Of Us, too! :D


Trish Dennis wrote: "At long last the sky lit up for a few minutes and I took the pictures. So now I only have to choose the right ones from the 88 I got. Should be easy, right!? :-/"

88?! Dear booksgods, you're worse than I am! :D


Dennis Trish wrote: "Ha! I thought about The Last Of Us, too! :D"

Ha! Cool. :)

88?! Dear booksgods, you're worse than I am! :D

Well ... yes. *lol* This review will probably take an whole evening to materialize.


message 24: by Trish (last edited Nov 04, 2018 01:33PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Trish Dennis wrote: "Trish wrote: "Ha! I thought about The Last Of Us, too! :D"

Ha! Cool. :)

88?! Dear booksgods, you're worse than I am! :D

Well ... yes. *lol* This review will probably take an whole evening to mat..."


All the more to look forward to.


message 25: by Miriam (new) - added it

Miriam This was excellent! Thanks to you and Trish for bringing it to my attention.


Dennis You're very welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

I think I loved this even more the second time around. Now I just have to find the time to finish the damn review.
Speaking of, where's yours? ;)


Trish Miriam wrote: "This was excellent! Thanks to you and Trish for bringing it to my attention."

You're welcome indeed.


back to top