Sarah's Reviews > The Life We Wanted

The Life We Wanted by Kelsey Kingsley

bookshelves: 2019-arc-reads

If you love swoony rockstars, then this book is for you! I have to say that I will never listen to Everlong by the Foo Fighters again the same way after reading this book. BEST. SONG. EVER. Sebastian Moore is the charming bad boy drummer in this story, and I fell for him HARD!

When Sebastian finds out that he has a 15-year-old son, whose mother has passed away, his entire life as he knows it changes. But - this single rockstar dad takes it all in stride. He's so cool as a dad that I kind of wish I was Grayson...although I'd much rather play Tabby in this story. ;) But oh Tabby....she is the Aunt to Grayson, and this once-upon-a-time-rocker-girl who scared herself out of a carefree life was a bit uptight about a few things. Ok...a lot of things. She made me want to scream quite a few times; but when she let her guard and hair down, it was beautiful. These moments were fleeting though and I only wished we saw more of them.

I loved how Sebastian was so real and raw with Tabby. I loved that he saw through her BS and looked deeper. I loved that he brought out the playful and "younger" girl in her, and that he challenged her. I just loved him period. He made this book for me. His carefree personality was contagious, and the way he bonded with Grayson was both nerve-wracking and wonderful to watch unfold. He was definitely caught under Tabby's "spell" and to watch his character develop from a man who thought all he wanted was a physical relationship to one who wanted everything was amazing. They were the perfect Yin/Yang couple - she tamed him and he pulled her wild side out of her.

Although Sebastian had me swooning and sighing for most of the book - Tabby's character reminded me that life is too short to not be living how you truly want and deserve to. Go to the concert. Get the tattoo. Wear the converse instead of heels. And drink the beer. This book will have you booking tickets to see the Foo Fighters and hoping that Sebastian will be the opening act. *Sigh* If you're looking for your next rockstar romance boyfriend, then you need this book! Well done once again K. Kingsley!

1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Life We Wanted.

September 29, 2018 – Shelved