Deborah J Miles's Reviews > Fa-La-Llama-La

Fa-La-Llama-La by Stephanie Dagg

bookshelves: recomendations

I was sorely in need of a good laugh when I started this book, and had forgotten just how much I'd enjoyed Dagg's book Haircuts, Hens and Homicides.

Fa-La-Llama-La is written in the first person from the point of view of Noelle Green, a recently dumped, suddenly unemployed and back living with her parents, young woman. Nothing seems to be going right for poor Noelle and then her cousin, Joe finds her a holiday job looking after some llamas in the middle of nowhere in a deeply snowed-in part of France. This takes her away from her family at Christmas. And as she soon finds out... all other creature comforts.

I love Dagg's easy writing style and humour. I knew from the start that things would not go to plan for Noelle, and was delighted when Nick turned up - initially grumpy and exhausted from his travels, to find the house he had bought unseen, was not filled with the furniture he had paid for, and was, at the point he arrived, without electricity.

Noelle deals with everything that is thrown at her, and comes out a winner in my eyes! I found the story comical and thoroughly entertaining, and would highly recommend it. I'm now settling down to read Deck the Halles, the next in this series...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fa-La-Llama-La.

September 29, 2018 – Shelved