Brittany's Reviews > Bergdorf Blondes

Bergdorf Blondes by Plum Sykes

Jun 25, 2008

did not like it
bookshelves: girly-books, fiction, hated-this-book, new-york-city, socialites
Recommended to Brittany by: Gillian
Recommended for: No one
Read in November, 2004

How I Came To Own This Book: Gillian bought it due to the hype surrounding the novel.

The Plot: The unnamed character (who goes by Moi) is your typical, irritating, self-obsessed upper East Sider in NYC on the hunt for a husband and all the other trivialities that make up 'that' type of woman's life - shopping, being seen, and looking great while doing it. Basically a very very fluffy slice of life from a woman who has been there...

The Good & The Bad: This is one of my least favourite books (of this genre at least) of all time, to the point of being almost unreadable. The only part I specifically remember is calling a certain sexual act 'getting tiramisu' (I will leave it up to you to discern what that means) and texting a friend that Moi is getting said act, then said act ending abruptly when actor discovered what actee is up to. Ugh. In all the book was completely pointless and irritating - from the characters to the plot - and a definite non-recommendation on my part.

The Bottom Line: A brutal read that I am still mystified on in regards to the level of hype it received.

50-Book Challenge?: No.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bergdorf Blondes.

05/19/2016 marked as: read