Michelle's Reviews > Assaulted Pretzel

Assaulted Pretzel by Laura Bradford

liked it
bookshelves: 2018, calibre, mystery-thriller, cozy, reviewed

I traveled back to Heavenly to check in on Claire and see if she has gotten her life back together. I give her a C+ on her journey so far. Girl, do you have to be in an impossible love triangle?

This time we have the annual Amish food festival happening, and everyone is excited. It is a tourist draw, for sure. But (gasp) another murder! Claire, I think you are a magnet for bad luck. They are going to shun you soon. A toy manufacturer wants to produce a line of Amish toys and it will bring lots of business to our friends in Heavenly. But then he's murdered, we find they might or might not have been bamboozled by the contract, and fingers are pointing everywhere. Oh, and a break in at the Inn causes her aunt turn into a totally different person. I definitely didn't like how such a strong woman could become meek and tearful. Come on, Aunt Diane. You're better than that.

Claire continues to annoy me with her constant introspection and waffling between both worlds. This series could benefit from more effort on the mystery and less effort into what Claire is thinking all the time. Hey, my internal dialogue is boring and inane too, but I don't put it out there for everyone to know. Still, giving it 3 stars but can see that sliding to 2 if the next book doesn't pick up.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Assaulted Pretzel.

September 28, 2018 – Shelved