Ben's Reviews > The Accidental Afterlife of Thomas Marsden

The Accidental Afterlife of Thomas Marsden by Emma Trevayne

M 50x66

it was ok

I picked this book up because of the cute cover, but lord god, was it slow to start. Once it got going, it got a little better, but it still dragged terribly. Basically, Thomas has to do things. We have to spend the whole book leading up to how he has to do things. Then we get to the explanation of why he has to do the things. But when it comes time to it happening? Wow, lickety split, the book is done. The ending felt so rushed and weird, I wonder if the editor cut down the number of pages? Because it really needed something more. Also, there are some majorly weird movement issues where I just couldn't figure out what was happening. Like the scene starts somewhere, and then without warning, they are elsewhere? It was majorly distracting and I felt like I was missing things, but a second rereading didn't fix the problem. It's a shame, because it otherwise could have been fairly decent.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Accidental Afterlife of Thomas Marsden.

September 28, 2018 – Started Reading