Alleluialu's Reviews > Comfort & Joy

Comfort & Joy by Kristin Hannah

Jan 01, 2012

This book was really good! I know, it's a romance novel -- a Christmas romance novel to boot, but it was really good. I started it last evening and finished it today. It's the story of Joy, a high-school librarian who's marriage has collapsed into divorce because her husband was sleeping with her sister. Definitely a tragic start for a Christmas novel. Then, after leaving her sister in her driveway, she drives to the airport and on a whim buys a ticket for Hope in Canada. The plane crashes -- yes, the tragedy gets worse. After getting thrown from the wreakage and seeing her mother (who has been dead for 15 years), she decides to walk away from the crash site and have an adventure. She walks through the woods and eventually comes across a closed Bed and Breakfast Lodge manned by a little boy and his father. She spends a few days there and gets very attached to the little boy...and his father...when another surprising twist takes place. I'm not going to ruin it for you, but let me tell you this -- I was surprised and screaming, "No! No! No1" to myself while reading. I had to finish this book today. I couldn't wait. I had to know what happened. It's that kind of book. And, it's a very clean read -- no sex. Sex wouldn't have fit in this story. Love was definitely there. The kind of love that everyone dreams about. A great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Comfort & Joy.

January 1, 2012 – Started Reading