Viper Spaulding's Reviews > Bottom of the Ninth

Bottom of the Ninth by Kimberly Readnour

Terrific romance - I loved AJ and Mia!

AJ and Mia had a very brief "thing" eight years ago, until an incident reminded AJ that Mia would be better off without him. Flash forward to the present, and Mia's brother, Drake, is on the same pro-ball team with AJ so it's inevitable that their paths cross again.

Mia suffered so much loss during the year before and after AJ, and his poor treatment of her was just too much for her to handle with any perspective. AJ had no idea what else was going on in her life; he just knew that he wasn't good enough for her so he did what he thought was the right thing to do.

Now that they're in each other's orbits again, their undeniable chemistry brings all the old feelings - good and bad - to the surface where they must be dealt with. Their love story was an emotional roller coaster, and since we get alternating POVs we can easily sympathize with both Mia and AJ. I had read a novella length version last year in a boxed set (AJ's POV only) so I was very happy to read the full story with Mia's side of things included.

It's a wonderful story about what really matters in the matters of the heart. Also, as some of the events overlap with Jax and Jocelyn's story, we get a different perspective on that story, too. The writing is superb and the characters come to life right from the very first page. I love this series, and I am hoping the next book will give us Drake and Cara's story. I voluntarily reviewed an ARC of this book.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bottom of the Ninth.

September 21, 2018 – Started Reading