Sherida Stewart's Reviews > At Home in Wishing Bridge

At Home in Wishing Bridge by Ruth Logan Herne

Such a delight to come back to Wishing Bridge...a village of faith, hope and love!

After three friends, brought together as teens in a home for troubled youth, find themselves reunited years later in the small village of Wishing Bridge, New York, their ties deepen as they help each other find happiness.

This second story in Ruth Logan Herne’s heart-touching series featuring this charming town finds nurse practitioner Thea Anastas offering her skills at a medical clinic where Ethan Brandenburg, the temporary doctor, has his hands full with both the patients and his recently orphaned niece and nephew. She’s ready to leave for the big city. He’s anxious to move to his promised research assignment in Chicago. However, “accidents of timing or God’s perfect timing” keep them working together in Wishing Bridge.

I completely enjoyed At Home in Wishing Bridge as this couple confronted their past issues, reluctantly becoming aware of their feelings for each other. They both had difficult childhoods, feeling unloved and worthless. It was interesting to see how they approached rising from extreme pain to lift themselves, with the help of friends, to carry on and grow in the right direction.

I felt like I was part of this community with lovable folks who struggle with issues we all face. Good solid advice is sprinkled throughout the pages, bringing your heart closer to each individual as you become involved with the challenges they face.

Max is an absolute angel as he generously offers help to others.... a great example of how we all should live, treating people with kindness and respect. Eight-year-old Mara tugged at me as she tried to cope with the loss of her parents, not understanding how her life could ever feel normal again. But as the story unfolds, each hurting person works toward a sweet resolution.

A beautiful story of hope...hope and second chances after difficult situations....the kind of story author Ruth Logan Herne does so well, bringing faith and love to people through her books.

Favorite quotes:
“If folks look out for each other, there’s a lot less trouble in the world.”
“Rusty prayers are often the best.”

*I received a copy of this book through Net Galley with no requirement to write a review. I’m delighted to offer my honest opinion.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read At Home in Wishing Bridge.

Started Reading