Cyndi Becker's Reviews > Ridge

Ridge by S.L. Scott

bookshelves: oct-2018, 5plus-stars

GAH!!! I freaking inhaled this book. It hit my Kindle, I read the prologue, took a break. Read the prologue again and for good measure I read it a third time. I found it mesmerizing and I just knew as amazing it was, the rest of the book would be as captivating. I found myself utterly besotted with Dave "Ridge" Carson and almost equally in love with Meadow, because she sure seemed like the girl made for Dave.

Like any great love story, Dave and Meadow go through many ups and a few downs. He's a rock star living in LA, she's a student in Austin, Texas and their first separation challenged the very fabric of their connection. I had faith they would make it back to each other but my heart very nearly couldn't take the stress.

Dave "Ridge" Carson is IT for me! With Dave, S.L. Scott created the most swoony of men. He's the ultimate in romantic leads, poetic and sensitive, strong and supportive, and the man does not play games. You will feel his loneliness which will only make you wish you could just give him a hug. Meadow is really the only female he's had more than friends with benefits feelings for and she comes with some baggage, but I really liked her for him. He's struggling with hos own family issues...like Meadow I think of him as Dave, not "Ridge". Ridge is just his stage persona. Even in that he's not one of those rowdy rockstars, He's a man who loves music and just wants to do his job, and he's kind and gentle soul:

“It’s not about your words. It’s about your heart. I promise to hear what it tells me instead of only listening to the beats.” When our lips meet, it’s not just the physical contact but the words she doesn’t have to say that are felt.
She cares more than she can say, and I’ll take it. “Are you ready?”
“My whole life.”

S.L. Scotts' writing has never been better. She channeled a man, a young woman and their voices are strong. That's the only way I can explain how consumed I was (am) with this couple. I found myself crying at Dave's words, at Meadows decisions, and reeling at the direction their relationship took. But happily, strife often leads to some amazing make-up sexy times and these two are a forest fire - seriously smoldering.

I simply can't recommend this enough! It can easily be read as a standalone and will only inspire you to read the other "Crow Brothers" books. 5++ Stars!!

* I was gifted a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review*

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ridge.

September 27, 2018 – Shelved