Kathy - Books & Munches's Reviews > The Retribution of Mara Dyer

The Retribution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin

bookshelves: read-in-2018

This is going to be a short review - mainly because I.. have this thing against writing reviews on sequels? I don't know why; I just don't like writing them.

Anyway.

This book was on my TBR for OVER A YEAR before I finally picked it up and right now? I can't even tell you why I didn't pick it up sooner. It gave me all the creepers and goosebumps I expected to get. I was sucked in this story immediately and finished it in no time. [Seriously - less than 30 hours, including sleep and food and whatnot for a book that's almost 500 pages? HOW.]

There was definitely some gore in here - at least for a pussy like me - and the attempted sexual assault gave me the creeps as well, so be aware of that should you want to read this one.

Loved the fluent writing and everything plot-wise. Although it sometimes did feel as if everything was flying way over my head, I'm sure that's mainly because it's been so long since I read the previous installments and it didn't even bother me all that much either.

Definitely will reread these in the future - and hopefully all in one go instead of.. years apart..

5 / 5!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Retribution of Mara Dyer.

September 26, 2018 – Started Reading