Heena Rathore P.'s Reviews > Isidora: The Life, Mind and Memories of an African Phoenix

Isidora by Kally - Jay Mkwawa

19253213

liked it
bookshelves: non-fiction, memoir, review-requests

Isidora: The Life, Mind and Memories of an African Phoenix by Kally-Jay Mkwawa is a memoir full of interesting experiences of the author.

I liked the book as it was an easy and a quick read. It was a deeply contemplative read and some of the introspections of the author were interesting and presented an illuminating glimpse into her fascinating world. The cultural, environmental as well as emotional insights provided in the book were quite enjoyable.

My only complaint is that the first 7 chapters of the book focused solely on guys the author encountered in her life. As a writer and an editor, I feel that it didn't serve as the right hook (or to be precise, the right first half of the book.) Being a memoir, I understand the book would deal with all the major aspects of the author's life, but it would have been better if those chapters were placed in the latter half of the book, making the first half more about her than about those guys.

Other than this issue, it was a good read. and I'd recommend it to non-fiction reads.

You can also read this review on www.thereadingbud.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Isidora.

September 18, 2018 – Started Reading