E.A.'s Reviews > The Boss

The Boss by Abigail Owen

The Boss (Fire's Edge #1) by Abigail Owen was a steamy, addicting, fast pace read that had me not only hooked but, I had me reading this book in one sitting!

My first read by this author and for this series, there is a prequel that I need to get my hands on. I was engrossed right away. I love dragons, and when I find a book about them, I snatch it up. This was quite the original fresh take and it really brought something different to the normal shifter world trops.

I will say that, as much as I love and devoured this books there were somethings that did bother me. In the beginning, not the proloud cause that was heartbreaking and I damn near cried, but the first chapter was a bit of a info dump and felt a little rushed and, all over the place. Now this did even out as the story went on, but for me that first little bit was, messy. Especially after that heart shattering opening. There were some pacing issues, but other then that, I was, am, fully on board with this series. Also there are some glimpse of what's to come and I can't wait!

Our MCs are great and very well developed. Both have hurt regarding to fire, and though Finn tries to push Delaney away, she's isn't having it. I loved that about her, and for her as a MC. She knew what she wanted and wasn't going to let Finn's past/ego get in her way. Right from the first time she's introduced, I knew I was going to like her. Well for one, she saved a cat, if that isn't a sign of someone's character I don't know what is (I'm a cat lover, so that maybe a little bais..lol). She loyal, smart, and has a big heart, despite all the mysterious things that happen to her.

Finn, oh Finn.. That opening set his character, not so much of how we met him again, but of what he could have been and what he could be again. It made me dismiss his stupid overprotectiveness, and snappness. It gave us that insight about him and why he's apprehensive about loving someone. Because what he went through was truly termatic, and I don't think anyone could really come back from something like that. Finn's character growth is big, and to see the change in him, made this story shine.

Overall, if you haven't guessed I give this book my super high recommendation and my stamp of approval. This is a series to watch out for and one that you must read no matter if you like shifter, dragons, or drama. It's that good.

P.S. There dragons are also firefighters... hot, hot, hot!

Happy Reading

-E.A. Walsh

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boss.

September 26, 2018 – Started Reading