KD Rush's Reviews > The Bones of the Earth

Author: Scott Bury
Publisher: The Written Word Communications Company
Format: Kindle Edition
Interest: Fantasy / Series
Rating 0-100: 93 (5 Stars)

With his debut novel, Scott Bury has firmly established his place in the fantasy genre. The plot is solid, the pace is quick, and the characters are well written. Typically I read two or three books at a time, jumping from one to the other between sittings. I was not able to do that with this one. My intention to read the first chapter or two failed miserably. Several hours later and I found myself half-way through the book.

When you follow the main character, Javor, you can expect excitement. What you can't expect are the plot twists. The most unforgivable sin in any form of storytelling is predictability. That is not an issue with this book. You never know what's around the next curve in the road, hidden in a dark cave, or even whom you can trust. Just when you think it's safe - WHAM!

The world that Bury writes about is familiar to anyone that is a student of history. He has researched the era for accuracy and deftly blends fantasy with reality. Before long, you begin to wonder if some of his fantastic creatures and characters really existed in our distant past. The story pulls you in, and the action pushes you from one page to the next. It's a heck of a good story, and I highly recommend it.

--Rush

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bones of the Earth.