Demetra's Reviews > The Warrior's Bride Prize

The Warrior's Bride Prize by Jenni Fletcher

bookshelves: arcs, physical-copies, favorites-2018

Where to start..I haven't read many historical romances so far, so I'm quite new to the genre. I'm finding out what I like one book at a time! This book I loved 😍 I loved the characters, the setting, the story, the writing; everything!! Livia and Marius found the way to my heart and took me with them in the story!

Livia didn't have the best luck with men, starting with her half-brother. Now a widow with her daughter, she's forced to marry another man because her brother said so. What she doesn't know is that her luck is going to change because of Marius.

Marius..he made the first impression for the start but what really made me love him was the way he treated Julia, Livia's daughter. Who doesn't love a man who's good with kids?! With the weight of his father disgrace, he tries to better his family name. Gambling for the chance to marry Livia may not be the best choice but he can't stay away!

As much I loved Livia and Marius, I hated her brother and the man she supposed to marry. Both of them got in my nerves. Their hatred and disgust because of her mother's roots pissed me off!

The story is really good! We get the romance as well as some action and angst. There are times when you think that everything's going to work out and then something happens to make the matters worse.

The ending is amazing! I couldn't ask for a better ending to Marius and Livia's story. I was sad to see the book ending. However I'm definitely checking out more of the author's books! I'd like to thank Jenni Fletcher and Rachel from Rachel's Random Resources for sending me this book. It's definitely on of my favorites for this month ❤

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Warrior's Bride Prize.

September 26, 2018 – Started Reading