Olivia's Reviews > A Spark of Light

A Spark of Light by Jodi Picoult

87208739

As a longtime fan of Jodi Picoult, I was pretty excited to pick up this one. Picoult writes a thrilling story that attacks a very controversial issue: abortion. I loved every character in this story. Wren, a 16 year old girl who's just exploring the world of sexual activity and adulthood... Bex, Wren's aunt who steps in as a motherly figure, only to find herself thrown into the woes of a gunman in the clinic where Wren asked to go. Olive, the 60 year old lesbian who is sweeter than apple pie along with Izzy the young nurse, Dr. Ward, the abortion doctor, Janine the activist and Joy who has just received her abortion and of course, Hugh McElroy. I love that each individual character was completely different, but all connected due to the subject of pregnancy, abortion, or and the clinic. This nailbiting story, I'm sure, hit hearts of many readers.
My only reason for 4 stars was due to the fact the novel was written in reverse order. I never quite understood the main reason as to why it was written backwards. But, nonetheless, great read!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Spark of Light.

September 26, 2018 – Shelved
September 26, 2018 – Shelved as: to-read
October 10, 2018 – Started Reading
October 11, 2018 –
page 30
page 108
page 171
page 229
65.06% "I have a feeling I won't be putting this down until I finish..."
October 15, 2018 – Finished Reading