Kendall's Reviews > Winter in Paradise

Winter in Paradise by Elin Hilderbrand

Happy publication date to this book <3 <3.

Oh MY!! Ok.. my first thought is why in heck have I waited SO long to read a Elin Hilderbrand book?! No excuses! This was FANTASTIC!

I've got to go back to all her previous series and get going here! ;).

I fell in love with everything about this book. The characters are relatable, deep, emotional, and the setting is godly! haha. Hilderbrand I think you've just convinced me where I want to take my honeymoon with my new husband next year!

Irene's husband dies in a tragic helicopter accident... along with his deception of living an entire double life in the island of St. John's. Can you imagine.. not only finding out your husband is dead but also living a double live in a beautiful island of St. John's?! Yikes....
In grief, Irene drops everything along with her two sons Baker and Cash who travel to the island of St. John's. Of course, nothing is as easy as it may seem and secrets upon secrets are waiting for them.

Winter in Paradise is the perfect amount of romance, heartache, love, and tension. I would not categorize this as a romance per say but it's so much more than that and I am SO glad I read this. If this is anything like Hilderbrand's previous novels... I am definitely in for a treat!

I loved Irene Steele's character the most... but characterization is so strong in this novel. This is a must read my friends!!

Beautifully well crafted novel!!

Huge 5 stars for Winter in Paradise! Highly recommend.

Huge thank you to Little Brown and Company and Netgalley for the advanced arc in exchange for my honest thoughts.

Publication date: 10/9/18
Published to GR: 9/30/18

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Winter in Paradise.

September 26, 2018 – Started Reading
September 26, 2018 – Shelved
September 29, 2018 –
54.0% "Loving this!! 💜❤️❤️"
September 30, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)

Melissa Can’t wait to hear what you think! I’m dying to get my hands on this one. 😬

message 2: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith So glad you enjoyed, Kendall! Great review!

message 3: by Debra (new)

Debra Fantastic review, Kendall!

Kendall Melissa- yes I’m sure you will love this one!!
Meredith- Thank you so much!!
Debra- Thank you!!

Erin Yay! I am so glad that you enjoyed i, Kendall! I have read a few of her books, her Winter Street quartet is such a great treat! If you're looking for recommendations I would start there!

message 6: by Kaceey (new)

Kaceey Fantastic review Kendall! Glad you enjoyed!🤗

message 7: by Felicia (new)

Felicia REALLY?? I've never read any of her books either. I just assumed they were too chic-litty for my liking. Your review though .. I'm definitely intrigued. 💖

message 8: by KAS (new)

KAS I love your fantastic, enthusiastic review, Kendall ;) So great you fell in love with this book!! xoxo

message 9: by Jaline (new)

Jaline Terrific review, Kendall - love those 5 Stars!

Jennifer ~ TarHeelReader Lovely review, Kendall! Happy you enjoyed this one! I still need to start it! ♥️

Kendall Erin- Yes haha after I finished this.. I was browsing on Amazon looking at her other series! I was thinking about getting the first book from the Winter series :).
Kaceey- Thank you so much!
Felicia- Yes! But, I'm also a romance fan... but this honestly wasn't too over the top with romance. I'd branch out and try it! ;)
KAS- Thank you so much! Glad I loved it too :)
Jaline- Thank you <3.
Jennifer- Haha yes I saw you were reading it. That's funny you need to start it lol. I know you'll love it!!!

message 12: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Lovely review Kendall 💖

Kendall Thank you so much Maureen! :)

Babydimps (Suzy) I’ve only read one Hilderbrand book and it was at least 10 years ago! I need to get back into her books. Sounds great Kendall! 😊🌺

message 15: by JanB (new)

JanB I’ve not read this author either but I’ve heard such good things about her last book. Now with your 5 stars of this one I’m thinking I need to try her. Great review Kendall!

message 16: by Susanne (new)

Susanne  Strong Great review Kendall! I've never read one of her books.. you might just have convinced me!

Kendall Suzy- Oh man Suzy this was fantastic in my opinion. I would check this one out on Netgalley.. I know it will be up for awhile longer!
Jan- She really is a fantastic writer Jan! I would really recommend this one :).
Susanne- Oh same Susanne but I kept hearing such fantastic things and I was not disappointed. Give this one a try ;). It's a new series I guess.

message 18: by Nazanin (new)

Nazanin Amazing review, Kendall! Glad it was a winner! xoxo

Beverly Duffy Great review!

message 20: by Cheri (new)

Cheri Love your enthusiasm for this, Kendall, one for me to check out!

Kendall Nazanin- Thanks so much love!
Beverly- Thank you!!
Cheri- Yes.. I think you'd really enjoy this one Cheri! Not too much romance but perfect women's fiction :).

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Terrific review, Kendall! Glad you enjoyed it.

Kendall Mary Beth- Thank you so much! ;)

message 24: by Jen (new)

Jen Great review, Kendall!

Kendall Thank you so much Jen!!! 😊❤️

Melissa Yeah, WHY have you waited so long to read an EH?! I mean I’ve only been trying to tempt you for who knows how long! 😂 💜 Seriously though, glad you gave her a chance. You really can’t go wrong with any of her books, but the Winter series and The Perfect Couple (her first attempt at suspense) are FANTASTIC! 👌🏻😬☀️ Although, be warned, you’ll want to go to Nantucket, too. 😉

Kendall Yasss!!! I saw it on NG and was like you know what I’m doing this haha. She’s fantastic! Yes.... I was shopping on amazon for her winter series... although my kindle price is cheaper so will just buy from there :). I heard Perfect Couple was amazing! Might have to read that one next 😊👌.

message 28: by Dana (new)

Dana Oh, this makes me wish I’d added it on to my BOTM! Great review!

message 29: by Christine (new)

Christine Whoa 5 stars? Certainly worth a look then! Fab review, Kendall!

Kendall Dana- It's definitely fantastic :)
Christine- Yes! I'm not a discriminator after all ;).

message 31: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Darn, I didn't want to request anymore!!

Norma * Traveling Sister Fabulous review, Kendall! I’m looking forward to reading this one!

Kendall Holly- Hahaha you may want to hit that button.. it's worth it! :)
Norma- It's fantastic! Looking forward to your thoughts <3.