Steph's Reviews > Unleashed

Unleashed by Cherrie Lynn

bookshelves: kindle-read

I've had this book on my Kindle for such a long time, and I wish I had read it sooner because I loved it.
I really liked the fact that it was Kelsey and Evan who were friends before their partners came along (that they didn't meet through them). They had been through so much together already, both desperately wanting to be together all these years but both equally afraid to lose their incredible friendship.

Now, together they face the aftermath of both of their partners cheating on them, with eachother!
They have now been given a second chance at making things work out between them how they both wanted in college, and boy do they make the most of it.
Evan was amazing, such a charmer and a smooth talker. Okay so he could be seen as a little too perfect, he can cook, he's rich, hard working, caring, devoted and so much more.
He's every woman's dream and I totally fell in love with him.

Kelsey was a fantastic heroine. I could relate to her one hundred percent. It was heartbreaking for her to be close to Evan for all those years and never being able to have him how she really wanted. She felt repeatedly rejected (even though that was never his intention) and her self esteem was at rock bottom. So when Todd came along and told her how beautiful she was and how much he wanted her. She jumped in head first and married him. But who can blame her really?
This was a beautiful love story of two best friends that mean the absolute world to each other and I loved every second of it.

Now the character I hated with every fiber of my being was Courtney. She's the most pathetic, whiney, self centered, cold hearted bitch I have ever read about.
First she cheats on her fiance, with his best friends husband. Then months later she's still calling him, crying and whining saying she still cares about him. Then when Evan finally tries to be happy with Kelsey and takes her to Hawaii, she has the f**king cheek to get pissed off and say "I just want her out of my life." Are you serious? She caught you in bed with her husband and you want her out of your life? Holy shit, just slap her please... unbelievable!
Ahhh rant over, I feel so much better. LOL

I am so happy that Brian's book is next. Just from the few times we see him in this book, I already liked his sense of humour. He's so different from Evan, and I can't wait to read more about him.

If you are like me and have this book just lying around waiting to be read, don't put it off any longer. You won't regret it!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Unleashed.

Quotes Steph Liked

Cherrie Lynn
“Sweetie. Look at me.”

She did, but it was difficult now, when she could never remember a time she hadn’t wanted to look at his beloved face. She blinked, trying to force
the fresh torrent of tears back where they belonged. It just wasn’t possible. No, there was no emptiness now. She was bursting at the seams, overflowing.

“Don’t cry,” he said gently, swiping her cheeks with his thumbs. “You cry and I want to break something. Or someone. What is it?”
Cherrie Lynn, Unleashed

January 1, 2012 – Shelved
June 22, 2012 – Started Reading
page 40
18.35% "I'm already loving the friendship between Kelsey and Evan. The fact that they went through the most awful situation together has just pulled them closer. I can't wait for Hawaii *wink wink*"
page 40
18.35% "I already love his brother Brian. "What if she goes crazy and begs you for it, man? That happens to me all the time." Ahahaha"
page 180
82.57% "Poor Evan, now that's a blow to the ego. Running off to see her ex husband, after a week of hot sex with Evan! Ouch!"
June 23, 2012 – Shelved as: kindle-read
June 23, 2012 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Nice review, Steph!

I'm glad you liked this one, too. Rock Me is a great story. I hope you'll read it!

Steph I already have lol. I loved them both so much.
I finished Brian's story yesterday and I loved it. The story reminds me of me a little. My family didn't approve of my boyfriend and made me choose between them, I am now hapilly married (with two kids) to my heavily tattooed man! I so made the right decision ahahaha
I wasn't a massive fan of Candice, just how she let her family walk all over her.

UniquelyMoi ~ BlithelyBookish Good for you, Steph! I'm glad you listened to your heart and not your family!

Steph Haha thanks :)