Jane is not my name's Reviews > The Test

The Test by Sylvain Neuvel

The Test is a gripping, brilliant and profound novela from one of my all-time favorite authors, Sylvain Neuvel. It takes place in the not so distant future Britain, where Idir, an Iranian dentist, is taking a test that will change his life and the life of his family.
25 questions to determine their fate, 25 questions to transform himself from an immigrant to a proud citizen. But the test is not what it seems. After the first few random questions involving Britain´s history, holidays and tradition, it takes a turn in which Idir is put through a series of situations in which he has to make immpossible decisions in order to prove he is a trustworthy human being with values that will not endanger his fellow citizens. What do the choices he makes, tell about him? And how will they affect his life?

I loved this book, it has a strong psychological and philosophical aspect and Idir is one of the most lovable characters I´ve ever met. I was rooting for him every second of the book, I sympathized with him and was constantly asking myself: "What would I do?"

Thank you, Sylvain Neuvel for another masterpiece and thank you Tor.com for the proof copy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Test.

September 26, 2018 – Shelved