Joanna Larum's Reviews > Occams's Razor: Be careful who you trust

Occams's Razor by Stewart Giles

Another Jason Smith novel and I looked forward to reading it, knowing that I was in line for a great time. I want to read each of these books quickly so that I get to the surprise ending but I also want to read them slowly so that I can enjoy every little clue and turn of phrase. Set in York (brilliant!), Jason is a detective sergeant with a team of detectives around him. I love their characters - they are all different and they each have their own little quirks which make them human and so real!
A goalkeeper is shot dead by a sniper but it is on the football pitch in front of thirty eight thousand spectators, just after he has saved the penalty which will give them promotion. It doesn't take Smith long to find where the shot came from and it was fired by a Russian Army rifle. As other murders happen, the Serious Crime Agency is involved and the York police are shunted to the sidelines. But Smith won't let it rest and he carries on his investigations, realising that the man who was responsible for his sister's kidnap in Australia many years before is implicated in the murders.
No more details, you need to read this for yourself.
This series has been digitally remastered and re-released and I am reading my way through the series and loving every minute of it. I would recommend to all who love a good whodunit. More please Mr Giles!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Occams's Razor.

September 14, 2018 – Started Reading