Kirstie Ellen's Reviews > Ramesses the Great: Ozymandias, Egyptian King of Kings

Ramesses the Great by in60Learning

bookshelves: history

Big thanks to in60Learning for providing me with a copy of this in exchange for an honest review!

Initial Thoughts Upon Finishing
I loved this! Another awesome book from in60Learning and I think this is maybe my favourite so far. This was a really engaging, one-hour overview of Ramesses the Great's life. I learnt heaps of new things about him, only being somewhat familiar with him previously. I love cramming in all this knowledge from these short audiobooks!!

Ramesses the Great
I so enjoyed this audiobook. I can't decide what it is about this one in particular that grabbed my attention, maybe it was my eternal infatuation with Egyptian history (who doesn't love Ancient Egypt?!).

One of the things I love about history books is learning new things about stuff you figured you knew enough about. Sure, I've studied the Egyptians before and sure, I'd heard of Ramesses before, but I didn't really know much about him. Hearing about everything that he did, all the battles he won, the buildings he made and how he had the Egyptian economy soaring was great!

To be perfectly honest, this book has me inspired to regress back to my 10-year-old self and go trundling through a bookstore buying all the info books on Ancient Egypt with pictures, diagrams and fun facts. I'd so be down to see some visuals and learn even more about this almighty reign.

Summary
My favourite thing about in60Learning audiobooks is how nicely they're done and the fact they only take an hour to listen to. I always feel like I've learnt the important facts coming out of it and that nothing was too rushed and that nothing too important was missed out. I so highly recommend giving these books a try if you're a history buff like me!

Happy reading!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ramesses the Great.

September 26, 2018 – Started Reading
September 26, 2018 – Shelved
September 26, 2018 –
30.0% "Nothing like learning something new in the first ten minutes 😯"
September 26, 2018 – Shelved as: history