Jenny's Reviews > The Killing Season

The Killing Season by Mason Cross

bookshelves: crime, mystery

The Killing Season is the first book in the Carter Blake series by Mason Cross. Caleb Wardell escapes from prison the FBI called Carter Blake to help the FBI task force to locate him and return in back to prison. However, on every turn, the task force is faulted in their attempts to upper hind Caleb Wardell. Carter Blake started to get a bad feeling about the people involved in the task force. The readers of The Killing Season will continue to follow the twists and turns in Carter Blake investigation and will be surprised with the ending of this book.

The Killing Season is the first book I have read of Mason Cross, and I enjoyed it. I will read more books by Mason Cross. I like the portrayal of the characters and the way interact with each other. The Killing Season was well written and researched by Mason Cross. The way Mason Cross described his settings allow me to feel like I was travelling around the United States with the main characters of The Killing Season.

The readers of The Killing Season will highlight the consequences when there is corruption within law enforcement. Also, the readers of the Killing Season will learn about the role of bounty hunters in law enforcement investigations.

I recommend this book.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Killing Season.

September 15, 2018 – Started Reading