TarynXO's Reviews > The Fallen Star

The Fallen Star by Jessica Sorensen

Jan 01, 2012

bookshelves: fae-immortal, vampire-books, witches-and-magic, paranormal-supernatural
Read from April 20 to 23, 2012

I will admit, when I first started this book and I had very low expectations. Just like the last couple books I have read, it started out the same and I had to roll my eyes and sigh. Girl meets boy, girl loves boy instantly, but boy hates girl, or does he? Lets just say that type of story is getting so old and so run down. But I am suprised to say that I am very happy how things turned out. This book went beyond a typical type of paranormal storyline. She added a little bit of everything to mix things up and I actually was excited about it.

Gemma our main character has literally lived most of her life with no emotion what-so-ever. Of course, there is a reason for this. The whole "Fallen Star" thing is very new for me. I have never read anything with this type of information before.

Remember this movie?! Thats what this book reminded me of.
[image error]

Of course this book had more paranormal creatures such as vampires and Gemma's look on the whole Fallen Star issue had some higher stakes and importance.

(view spoiler)

OH AND!

(view spoiler)

If you can get past the first 50 or so pages I'm pretty sure it will peak your interest :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Fallen Star.

04/21/2012 page 180