Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Night Olivia Fell

The Night Olivia Fell by Christina McDonald

bookshelves: listened-to-audiobook

Published this week! Order on Amazon here.

The Night Olivia Fell was The Night Ashley Started the Booksparks Winter Reading Challenge! For more information on #WRC2019 click here. I'm so excited to read all of these books with the Bookshark community!

I preordered this book and was so excited to get a special note from author Christina McDonald! The fact that she takes the time to interact with her fan base is something I find commendable and endearing. Thanks Christina!

The Night Olivia Fell is about exactly what it sounds like... the night Olivia fell. Flipping between past and present, Christina McDonald tells the story of Olivia as she goes through a journey of self discovery, exploring love, exploring relationships, and faced with some challenging decisions. But, when she is found having fallen from a bridge and is declared brain dead, her mother wants answers and will stop at nothing to find them. Did Olivia fall or was she pushed?

I really enjoyed this book. I listened to it on Audible and with the help of 2.5x speed, I was able to finish it in about 4 hours. If you're not opposed to listening fast, it would make a perfect book for a quick road trip (or a long road trip if you want to listen at normal speed like a normal human).

Christina McDonald created some wonderful characters, and I could feel the angst and mourning that Olivia's mom emoted as she came to terms with letting Olivia go. I'm not a huge crier but I can see how this one may be a tear jerker for some. I thought Olivia was likable as well and felt her need to break free from her mom and gain more independence while finding her way in life.

The only negative for me was that at times I felt it was a little slow moving, and I have to say I didn't find the outcome of all the did she fall? was she pushed? if so, by who? drama to be all that surprising. It was a little bit predictable, but still a great story.

Book 1 of #WRC2019 "in the books." Now on to Book 2: The Night Tiger by Yangsze Choo!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Night Olivia Fell.

September 25, 2018 – Shelved