Ashley Houser's Reviews > The Winter Sister

The Winter Sister by Megan  Collins

bookshelves: listened-to-audiobook

I always love a good thriller and this was no exception. I had been seeing the cover for The Winter Sister all over social media so decided to put it on hold at the library.

The Winter Sister is the story of Sylvie, whose sister was strangled to death many years ago. Nobody was ever arrested in connection with the murder and the case has since gone cold. But Sylvie has her suspicions. She vehemently believes that her sister's at-the-time boyfriend, Ben, is at fault.... but they've never been able to prove his involvement. Fast forward to today, Sylvie must return home to tend to her ill mother where she comes face to face with Ben. Old wounds are ripped wide open and this time Sylvie is determined to find out who murdered her sister... and why.

I really enjoyed this book. The plot was simple, yet engaging and kept my attention the whole time. There was a good amount of mystery embedded in the story and a few twists along the way. What I would consider the "big twist" at the end wasn't all that surprising to me. I actually saw it coming about a third of the way through the book, so I wasn't all that shocked. But it was still a good concept and I appreciated the thought Megan Collins put into developing the story line.

Overall, it was a solid 4 star thriller/mystery. It didn't blow me completely out of the water as this genre is super saturated with similar concepts and plot twists, but I still did enjoy it and would recommend it to mystery genre fans.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Winter Sister.

September 25, 2018 – Shelved