Ashley Houser's Reviews > One Day in December

One Day in December by Josie Silver

bookshelves: listened-to-audiobook

Reese Witherspoon Book Club pick for December, y'all! I love my girl Reese and try to read all of her book club picks because I've never met a pick I didn't like. And One Day in December is no exception.

This book in several words... cute, charming, Hallmark-esque, perhaps a tad cheesy, and heartwarming.

So what's this book about? Girl on bus sees boy on street and it is love at first sight. Bus drives away and girl spends the next year of her life pining over stranger we shall refer to as "bus boy." I know... I know... super unrealistic but bear with me. Girl gets introduced to best friend's new boyfriend. And you guessed it! Bus boy. Girl and boy spend years in angsty (dare I say slightly depressing) turmoil waiting for their lives to align so they can finally be together.

Funny that the author, Josie Silver, should mentioned the movie The Holiday at the beginning of this book because it was similar in nature. The main character reminded me of Kate Winslet and her slightly sad, depressing life until Prince Charming (Jack Black) walks in. And it continues to be a little sad and depressing until she finally gets her fairy tale ending.

I will say this book wasn't super mind blowing in its content. It's a simple holiday romance novel that I could see being made into a made-for-Netflix movie one day. But it was a super quick read and perfect reading for the holidays.

Reese strikes again! Definitely pick this one up if you're looking for a nice wintery, holiday romance.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read One Day in December.

September 25, 2018 – Shelved