Thuy Taylor's Reviews > Ruthless King

Ruthless King by Maya Hughes

I've been itching for Emmett and Avery's second chance romance. It was fantastic! I absolutely loved it. After every Rittenhouse King book that Maya releases, I'm always like, Declan is my favorite...Then, Heath is my favorite....Then now, Emmett is my favorite. I love all of their stories.

Emmett and Avery had a once in a lifetime sweet, soulmate love that started in high school. He was so sure of his love for Avery. Emmett is absolutely crushed when it all goes wrong that one night at the big blow out party. We fast forward years later, without each other, living but not living.

Emmett is this big hockey player, but deep down, he is so loving, so caring, craves the sense of family. He had a lonely childhood, and he's created his own family, which are the Rittenhouse Kings. He made me feel for him, the way he just needed and wanted love in his life. I just wanted to grab him, hug him and never let him go. This story and the way they finally found their way back to each other was hard, frustrating, but all worth it to see him and Avery get their HEA. I was sad, I laughed, swooned, loved, had a permanent smile on my face. I CANNNNNOT WAIT FOR COLM AND FORD'S BOOK!!!!!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ruthless King.

September 25, 2018 – Shelved