A Book Lover's Emporium Book Blog's Reviews > Sin and Ink

Sin and Ink by Naima Simone

4.5 Stars
They say you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but this cover spoke to me. I was eager to read the story contained, even though angsty novels are generally not my thing. Sin and Ink is definitely an angst-filled, emotional tale with the slightest forbidden twist. I enjoyed reading the book as much as I enjoyed staring at its cover.

The premise of Knox and Eden's story is clear from the beginning; Eden is the young widower of Knox's younger brother. Knox, a tattoo artist and former MMA fighter, wants Eden and thinks his inappropriate attraction is one sided. Eden however, is equally fascinated with Knox. Both have a hard time with feelings of guilt, betrayal and frustration.

I liked how the author developed the characters in Sin and Ink. Eden especially gains maturity over the course of the novel. She has been through a lot in her young life, and I enjoyed watching her gain an understanding of self by the end of the book. I love that Eden or Knox never downplayed Eden's love for her first husband, Knox's brother, Conner. However, their romance did not feel like it was less, or Knox was second best at any time. I was always hopeful for a HEA for this pair, knowing if they did find a way to be together it would not be tainted by the past.

I was, at times, waiting for the pace of the story to move a little more quickly. The story demands time to develop all of the emotions, but I would have liked certain revelations to come a bit sooner, to allow the ending to be less rushed.

I look forward to future books in this series, as there are a few side characters that need their own story!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Sin and Ink.

Started Reading