Sarah's Reviews > The Legacy

The Legacy by Dylan  Allen

bookshelves: 2018-arc-reads

One thing I love about Dylan Allen's books is that she is able to create a setting that feels so real and unique that you can't help but fall right into the story with the characters. This book was no different. A good part of this book takes place in Italy, which is my favorite place in the world! The descriptions of the setting, the language, people, food, and lavish environment were so exquisite that it just added to the beauty and extravagance of Hayes Rivers.

Hayes is the heir to an extremely wealthy family who was brought up by his aunt in Italy, while the rest of his family lives back in Houston. He experienced tragedy at a young age and left the States jaded, hurt, and angry at the world. As the years passed, he learned from his Aunt how to channel that anger into something else, and created his own reputation in the business world. After Hayes was burned by his ex, he never thought he would fall for another woman - always remaining guarded and skeptical - until he met Confidence. Her name is everything she wants to exude and more.

Hayes & Confidence could not come from more different backgrounds, but together they are like two perfectly fitting puzzle pieces! She is bright - he is dark; she is compassionate - he is a shark; she's a philanthropist and dreamer - he's a realist and business mogul. But - they are both brilliant, determined, and strong headed. I loved the fact that Confidence never faltered with him. She stood her ground and stated what she wanted no matter how intimidating he was to her. The fact that she was so humble and down to earth drew her to me more and I just adored her character.

There are many other fascinating characters who you will meet along the way in this story, and I can't wait to see what plays out next. Hayes' arch-nemesis, Remington Wilde, I am sure will cause quite a stir and I loved his character. This book will make you swoon, dream, and cheer for the underdog. You will fall for Hayes, and his chemistry with Confidence is off the charts! Thank you once again D. Allen for creating characters and a storyline that keeps the reader captivated and glued to each and every page. Can't wait to read what's next in this series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Legacy.

September 25, 2018 – Shelved