Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends)'s Reviews > The Girls at 17 Swann Street

The Girls at 17 Swann Street by Yara Zgheib

description
I choose this book because the subject matter was close to my heart. I grew up with a mother that had an ongoing eating disorder, and unfortunately a few years ago I myself fell down the same rabbit hole. If not for a health scare, and a husband who loves and supports me beyond words, I don't know where I would be right now. This book was beautiful. Painfull. Hard to read. It brought back memories and feelings I would rather not remember, but it is exactly for that reason that I loved this book SO much.

description

The writing was beautiful. Compassionate. Poignant. Heartbreaking. The story was touching. Devastating. Honest. The characters were complex. Intriguing. Lovable. Realistic. I honestly don't know what else to say about this book. I loved it, and it gets a huge two thumbs up from yours truly.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Girls at 17 Swann Street.

September 24, 2018 – Shelved
September 24, 2018 – Shelved as: feb-arcs-to-review
January 29, 2019 – Started Reading
February 6, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

message 1: by Kat (new) - added it

Kat Valentine Awesome review Eve!💖😉

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Kat wrote: "Awesome review Eve!💖😉"

Thank you! :D

message 3: by Eyvette (new)

Eyvette Abreu Terrific Review Eve :) I’m glad you enjoyed it even if it brought back bad memories.
I’m glad your hubby was supportive and able to help you

Eve Recinella (Between The Bookends) Thanks, Love! It was a difficult book to read, but worth it!