Anum Hashim's Reviews > Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls, and Everything in Between

Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham

U 50x66

liked it

I picked up this book as I've watched Gilmore Girls over and over many time, and Lauren Graham for me is really just Lorelai Gilmore. When I first started to read this book, I read it in my head as Lorelai Gilmore, and the fast talking was exhausting, but so fun to read. It was hard to disconnect Lorelai Gilmore from Lauren Graham.

The first few chapters about her childhood have that distinct Lorelai Gilmore influence filled with humorous panic, and lots of tangent thoughts that you have no idea where she started. That made the book so much more fun to read.

As I got into the book, it was informative to read about her background, though the book does have a lull in the middle. The most interesting chapters for me were the ones she talked about Gilmore Girls, her relationships on set, and how she was feeling during the various seasons. I do wish she had gone a bit more in depth about her thoughts on the show.

The best thing about the book is it's writing style for those familiar with Lauren Graham, but it left me craving for more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Talking as Fast as I Can.

September 24, 2018 – Shelved