Olivia's Reviews > Herons Landing

Herons Landing by JoAnn Ross

87208739

The synopsis of this story made this book sound like a quick and easy, truly intriguing read.
It was and it wasn't. In the first few chapters alone, you are introduced to so many different characters it's hard to keep track of who's who. As the book went on, I caught on and actually grew to love the story. I have a love for some of the characters that I hope to see again in a continuing novel.

Brianna Mannion - Our main girl in the story. She has returned back to her quaint, quiet little hometown after years of working in Las Vegas, the city that never sleeps. Her reasoning for returning home is to purchase the local Heron's Landing and turn it into a Bed and Breakfsst. Brianna, a young, single woman with a strong head and stubbornness as hard as concrete, can't fulfill her dreams all alone. Heron's Landing is in shambles and needs lots of TLC.

Seth Harper - The ever famous town contractor, Seth, of the well known Harper family, is one of Brianna Mannion's best friends from adolescence, and also the widower of her best friend Zoe. Brianna comes upon Seth in Honeymoon Harbor (whom she has crushed on since the dawn of time) and they decide to revamp Heron's Landing together. Does that lifelong crush of Brianna's become a mutual feeling? Or do past memories keep them apart?

Kylee and Mai - LOVE THESE TWO. Not your average lesbian couple. So much love between these two as they prepare for their wedding, new home, and incoming baby. I don't want to give much away about them, but I loved whenever I'd turn a page and they were in the scene. Follow these amazing women seeking a life of love and success.

You also have Seth's parents, Brianna's parents and brother Quinn, who owns the local burger and beer joint.You also have Doris and Dottie who own the local shop, The Dancing Deer. There are a slew of characters, but these are the ones who were the most important to me and I hope to read about again.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Herons Landing.

September 24, 2018 – Started Reading