Priscilla's Reviews > Shades of Grey

Shades of Grey by Jasper Fforde

Jan 01, 2012

AHHH. SO GOOD. By the end, I just wanted to jump to the next book!

Initial thoughts:
1. Wow! What a world. Jasper Fforde creates an imaginative, interesting, and complex dystopia society where what you see determines who you are. I loved the rules, and the process in which Fforde guides you through this odd futuristic society. SO COOL!
2. Pacing is slow throughout most of the book (until the end). Fforde slowly unravels the secrets and corruption behind this society, and it's up to our main character Eddie to decide whether he will make the easy choice or the right one.
3. The writing is brilliant! I can say for sure my vocabulary count has increased.
4. The ending is amazing! Seriously made this jump from a 3-4 star book to a 5 star for me.
5. Totally geeked out over the colour references. It's a graphic designer thing. :/

Check out my video review here!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shades of Grey.

January 1, 2012 – Shelved
January 18, 2012 – Started Reading
January 22, 2012 – Finished Reading

Stacey (prettybooks) I said "yay!" in my head when I saw this even before watching your video. I do think you'll really like it. It's different from anything else I've read and it's also really funny.

Casey ah, such a good book, I love it.

Rose this is a really good book but i do love anything written by jasper fforde

message 4: by Cris (new)

Cris Hipolito saw this from your new year vlog! want! :)

message 5: by Gabriele (new)

Gabriele I love this type of books. I really want to read it!

message 6: by Kristina (last edited Jan 26, 2012 04:37PM) (new)

Kristina I checked out this book from the library after seeing it on your video :) Can't wait to dig into it! It sounds so cool!

message 7: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Moro Can't wait for the next books in this series!

message 8: by Reagan (new)

Reagan This is a series? Where's the second book?