Read, Run, Ramble's Reviews > Shadow Kiss

2251932
Dec 31, 2011

bookshelves: 2012, paranormal, young-adult
Read from February 04 to 06, 2012

Shadow Kiss is the third installment of the Vampire Academy series and it does not disappoint. Mead's paranormal world is doses of light and funny mixed with just the right amount of dark and evil. She pulls you into the world with her own twist on all things that go bump in the night.

Rose is a bad ass and I like her even more after reading this 3rd book. She's strong and smart, and I love that she bucks the system in all the right places. Likewise, I'm a fan of Dimitri's and this book takes readers on a twisting ride where he's concerned. Mead doesn't skirt around the hard plot lines or try to tie everything and everyone up in a nice, neat bow - I appreciate that in her stories.

Two more characters have grown on me - Christian and Adrian both bring action, wit, intrigue, and style to the story. Adrian steps into the limelight more in this book - I enjoyed getting to "know" him a little better, but can tell that there must be much more where he is concerned.

The book takes an unexpected turn towards the end that will leave readers with wide eyes and hungry for number four.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shadow Kiss.

Kristi, A Book Fanatic This is when the REAL story starts!! I miss these characters!! :(

Read, Run, Ramble Oh boy! Last night I started re-organizing my To Read list here on GR - I'm trying to get things moved to the top that shouldn't wait any longer. I'm going to try and read what I have already AS OFTEN as possible and going to try and finish some series - let the games begin (and may the odds ever be in MY favor) LOL!

Read, Run, Ramble Kristi - I loved it! I'm a huge Rose fan...love her! Planning on moving right along with 4 now. Hoping to finish this series in the near future (in between our discussion books)!

Kristi, A Book Fanatic So glad you loved it!! I loved your review!! You have such a way with words -- you are so eloquent!! :)

Read, Run, Ramble Awe...thanks!! You just made me smile and feel all good inside (on an otherwise yucky night)!