Elaine's Reviews > A Rose in the Highlands

A Rose in the Highlands by Heather McCollum

32020643
Set in the time of the Merry Monarch, King Charles II, this story tells of two English ladies escaping from England to live in the Scottish castle that their brother had recently purchased. They planned to thwart to terms of their father’s will by setting up a school for ladies in Finlarig Castle but are shocked to discover that the castle has been damaged by fire set by English army officers and the castle is still the home of clan chief Greyson Campbell who has no intention of leaving his family home! Evelyn Worthington is not daunted by the dour Scotsman and both are stubbornly determined. As attraction between the two grows, secrets are revealed and danger grows as others have plans for the Castle, plans which puts their very lives in peril.

This is the start of a new action packed historical series and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It has great characters - some you’ll love and others you definitely won’t! It is fast paced, with plenty of twists and turns and revelations to keep the reader enthralled. It is insightfully written, giving a look into the conflict between the Scots and English in that era. The writing flows well, keeping me turning the pages and totally engaged in the story. I am now looking forward to reading the next book in this series which will feature Evelyn’s sister, Scarlett, who had apparently caught the eye of the Merry Monarch. I have no hesitation in highly recommending this story to anyone who enjoys steamy historical romance with a strong female and alpha male initially in conflict till love finds a way to unite them!

I requested and was given a copy of this book, via NetGalley. This is my honest review of the book after choosing to read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Rose in the Highlands.

September 22, 2018 – Started Reading