Jaksen's Reviews > House of Spirits and Whispers: The True Story of a Haunted House

House of Spirits and Whispers by Annie Wilder

Dec 31, 2011

it was ok
Read in December, 2011

Fairly well-written but a little too 'pat' in my opinion. (And I've had my own supernatural experiences.) What I mean is, any time the author can't explain something she puts it down to the supernatural. (Okay, she tries to explain things sometimes, but often jumps too quickly to the supernatural or paranormal explanation.) And one thing she repeats quite a lot is having supernatural or out-of-body experiences while waking from sleep. Most likely what she is experiencing is sleep paralysis. Some people experience this on a regular basis; I've had it happen to me maybe 5-6 times. Not that I don't believed or trust her writing - I do believe she's had a lot of strange things happen to her and I absolutely love the fact that she enjoys living in a 'haunted' house. Overall, she feels living in this house is more enjoyable and enriching than not.
Interesting book. I read it with a bit of hesitant skepticism, but kept an open mind.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read House of Spirits and Whispers.