Laura Jane's Reviews > Mister Tender's Girl

Mister Tender's Girl by Carter   Wilson

U 50x66

Some people seek out fame and notoriety. Alice isn't one of them.

Based on the true story about a young girl who was attacked by peers who believed a fictional monster named Slenderman commanded them to do it inspired MISTER TENDER'S GIRL. If you think that this will just be a rehashing of information from news sources, you're in for a surprise.

Carter Wilson breathes life into Alice Hill in his rendering of MISTER TENDER'S GIRL. He deftly handles difficult topics while not shying away from them.

"When he hands me the crisp five-dollar bill, I catch his stare, and his gaze is locked on me. There's an endless longing to it, as if I'm the ghost of someone he once loved. This has happened before.

MISTER TENDER'S GIRL Review: It hits you wear you sleep

The titular Mister Tender is a fictional character created by Alice Hill's father. The graphic novel star was a devilish bartender who would grant "wishes" in exchange for something from the person he was serving.

Two of Alice's classmates took Mister Tender a lot too seriously and lured her into an ambush that she barely survived. Now, as an adult, she wants nothing to do with the Mister Tender publicity. Unfortunately, someone seems to be targeting her again.

MISTER TENDER'S GIRL Review: Creepy doesn't begin to describe it.

Without any spoilers, I can tell you that Alice eventually reconnects with the two girls—twin sisters—who attacked her. They're living in a halfway house after serving their prison sentences.

That scene is one of the creepiest I've ever read. Forget Stephen King (not really, but for the moment) because Carter Wilson can pen a skin-crawling scene.

MISTER TENDER'S GIRL Review: Definite hit.

This is the first book I've read by Carter Wilson, but I'm interested to see if the author has other titles available. Regardless, pick up a copy of MISTER TENDER'S GIRL. It's an exciting book packed with twists and turns and emotional gut punches.

Read more reviews at LauraJaneCollege.com

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mister Tender's Girl.

Started Reading