Bonnie Tharp's Reviews > The Death of Mrs. Westaway

The Death of Mrs. Westaway by Ruth Ware

Hold onto your seats. This kept me "enthralled" for three days until I finished it. O.M.G. Interesting characters galore. Untold twists and turns and surprises. It's compelling, suspenseful. Okay, I can't say enough good things about this book.

Harriet (aka Hal) is alone and struggling since her mother died, and she can't seem to catch a break. Although she is good at reading people and the tarot, she anticipates tomorrow will be just like today - a constant struggle. Besides the past due bills, she gets a letter in the mail summoning her to the reading of her grandmother's will. She thinks it must be a mistake but if there's a remote chance she'll receive a little money (hence a break) she decides to hop a train and find out, although doing so will leave her stranded without enough money to purchase a ticket home.

Suffice it to say, things aren't all they seem. The reading of the will is full of surprises, and Hal finds herself amongst people who consider her family. A feeling she's not had since her mother died three years before. I'll stop now because I don't want to give anything away. If you love a spellbinding book, this is a GOOD ONE!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Death of Mrs. Westaway.

Started Reading
September 23, 2018 – Shelved
September 23, 2018 – Finished Reading

message 1: by Lyndon (new)

Lyndon I've read Cabin 10 and now reading Lying Game. Seems like an author I'll read more of.