Kelly's Reviews > Lil' Donnie Volume 1: Executive Privilege

Lil' Donnie Volume 1 by Mike Norton

bookshelves: comics, read-in-2018, reviewed

449 Days in The Bad Place

(Full disclosure: I received a free e-ARC for review through Edelweiss.)

I will say about Lil' Donnie Volume 1: Executive Privilege what I say of all humorous/satirical books about 45: it'd be funny if it wasn't so damned depressing. A collection of the first 125 strips of Mike Norton's webcomic of the same name, Volume 1 spans the time of Drumpf's inauguration through April 13, 2018.

Norton's art is spot-on; somehow he manages to make a revolving door of white men all immediately recognizable and distinct (something not always easily accomplished in comics). My favorites are Paul Ryan and Mitch McConnell, depicted here as a cursed apple-doll puppet. John Bolton's 'stache merging with Drumpf's comb-over in nuclear ecstasy is a solid runner-up.

Norton's wit is similarly biting, although I must admit that some of the earliest strips had me scratching my head and consulting ye ole google. With catastrophes breaking on the daily, it's hard to remember what fresh hell transpired last month, let alone last year.

I look forward to reading the inevitable Toad-inspired strip.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Lil' Donnie Volume 1.

September 22, 2018 – Started Reading