Luupi "The Reading Queen"'s Reviews > The Cresswell Plot

The Cresswell Plot by Eliza Wass

it was ok
bookshelves: read-2018, contemporary

Well, I'm going to start this review by talking about the things I liked because they are the minority.

First, I liked the evolution of the main character, Castella, throughout the book. It was enjoyable to see how she slowly changed her mind about certain things, it felt real from my point of view. However, I didn't get why she was so obsessed with sex, like that was the only thing she was thinking about for at least five chapters. If I was in her shoes, sex would be the last thing I would think about.

Another thing that I liked was the ending because it was such a mystery how things would turn out and also there was a possibility that no one would end up alive after that, I felt a rush of adrenaline throughout all that chapter, it was incredible. However, the last three pages were such a let down. After that intensity and intrigue, the way things got fixed was so easy and unrealistic. It disappointed me a lot.

description

Now, taking about things I didn't like, the characters didn't make sense. I think their only purpose was to keep the plot going because their personalities would change so much that now after reading this books I'm not able to tell you each characters flaws or positive aspects :/ One example is Mortimer, since the first moment he was introduce as the rebel in the family but sometimes he would be a saint too, depending on how the story was going and I didn't like that.

Overall, The Cresswell Plot was a little bit interesting but the actual ending and how the characters lacked personality were disappointed to me. Moreover, it ended with a kind of cliffhanger but I don't think there are going to be more books so I guess I'll have to continue being intrigued. (I wouldn't read other books even if there were ones, tbh)

description

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Cresswell Plot.

September 21, 2018 – Started Reading
September 21, 2018 – Shelved
September 21, 2018 –
page 150
55.15% "Honestly, the whole God aspect isn't really my thing :/"
September 22, 2018 – Shelved as: read-2018