Ayekah's Reviews > Hard and Fast

Hard and Fast by Kathy Lyons

Drama, drama, drama! All the angst that keeps you twisting and turning those pages! Book two in this baseball series and Kathy knocked this right out of the park! Yowza! This is Connor and Gia's story.
Now Gia drove me absolutely bonkers in the first book, but here we see a different side of her and her backstory is something you must read. She's spectacular in her role as PR for the team. She and Conner happened to share a New Years Eve kiss a year ago that was promptly broken up by his overbearing, obnoxious sister who... you have to read the book to fully comprehend the dynamics in Connor's family. Connor is catcher for the team, his knees have seen better days and he's stepping up his batting so he can keep playing ball. Connor has a serious disdain for the press, media and anything related to that. Including public relations. Gia has bailed his backside out of multiple uncomfortable places with the press more than once, as well as run interference with the rest of the team. Imagine if you will babysitting a large group of grown men who act like boys. Her job is to spin the story, wipe things clean, and crank out good press. Connor is totally taken with Gia but hates her job. These two start a seriously steamy relationship which is precarious at times, he's got his own backstory, his sisters and then there's Gia and his future. All of which Connor worries about. I loved Gia is this story. What a strong character she is and Connor, for all his skewed views on things, I loved him too. The road for these two takes a couple u-turns and sharp s curves, thanks to Connor.
What a great story to watch unfold and when I put down my reader I'd think about the story and wonder why.... yep. That's what a great story does, makes you think about it after you put it down.
Well done Kathy, well done. It's a must read.

arc from Net Galley and Entangled for an honest review
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hard and Fast.

September 18, 2018 – Started Reading