Brenda - Traveling Sister 's Reviews > The Huntress

The Huntress by Kate Quinn

A trio of Nazi hunters, a lethal Nazi murder, a Russian bomber pilot and a gentle and quiet family where something just doesn’t seem right.

The Huntress is a suspenseful, exciting, compelling vividly written story that explores justice with a hint of romance to warm your heart. The hunter becomes the hunted in this.

Kate Quinn does a fantastic job here weaving three storylines together and throughout the story, my favorite changed as I read each one. A trio of Nazi hunters are on a search to capture the ruthless Nazi murderer who committed unspeakable war crimes. The hunter becomes the hunted. Each hunter has their reasons and is obsessed with finding The Huntress and each have their different ways of getting their revenge.

Kate Quinn does such a great job creating some interesting and exciting characters with some of them based on real people. She vividly captures the spirit of the team of Russian bombers called the Night Witches and brings them alive for us. My favorite character became bomber Nina Markova and I couldn’t get enough of her character. She is smart, bold, dangerously courageous and ferocious making her terrifying at times in her own way.

A bit high on drama and it does take on a bit of a climatic feel to it and is a bit longer than it needs to be. This did affect the way Lindsay felt about the story and it was hard for her to connect to the characters. This affected her enjoyment of the story.

The ending comes together so well. It’s a vivid tense climatic showdown that took my breath away. I was reading it so fast I had to slow myself down to take it all in. I highly recommend.

Thank you to HarperCollins Canada, William Morrow Books for my copy to read and review

For more thoughts from the Traveling Sisters

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Huntress.

September 20, 2018 – Shelved
January 9, 2019 – Started Reading
January 14, 2019 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)

Babydimps (Suzy) This book sounds really good Brenda! Great review! 🌺

message 2: by KAS (new)

KAS So glad to see all those stars, Brenda!! Fabulous review :) 💜😊

message 3: by Lucy (new) - added it

Lucy Langford Great review, Brenda !! 😊

message 4: by Karen (new)

Karen Great review Brenda!

message 5: by Julie (new) - added it

Julie Wow!! Five sparkling stars!! Great review, Brenda!! 😊💕😊

message 6: by Meredith (new) - added it

Meredith Terrific review, Brenda! Glad you enjoyed!

message 7: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Like the sound of this one Brenda, terrific review 💕

message 8: by Jayme (new)

Jayme Glad you enjoyed this group read!! 😊

Brenda - Traveling Sister Babydimps (Suzy) wrote: "This book sounds really good Brenda! Great review! 🌺"

Thank you, Suzy!

Brenda - Traveling Sister KAS wrote: "So glad to see all those stars, Brenda!! Fabulous review :) 💜😊"

Thank you, KAS!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Lucy wrote: "Great review, Brenda !! 😊"

Thank you, Lucy!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Karen wrote: "Great review Brenda!"

Thank you, Karen!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Julie wrote: "Wow!! Five sparkling stars!! Great review, Brenda!! 😊💕😊"

Thank you, Julie!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Meredith wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda! Glad you enjoyed!"

Thank you, Meredith!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Maureen wrote: "Like the sound of this one Brenda, terrific review 💕"

Thank you, Maureen!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Jayme wrote: "Glad you enjoyed this group read!! 😊"

Thank you, Jayme!

Mary Beth *Traveling Sister* Fab review, Brenda! This was a great sister read. ❤

Brenda - Traveling Sister Thank you, Mary Beth! I loved the discussion!

message 19: by Meredith B. (new)

Meredith B.  (readingwithmere) Fab review, Brenda!!

Brenda - Traveling Sister Thank you, Meredith!

message 21: by MRIDULA (new) - added it

MRIDULA Lovely Review.:)

Brenda - Traveling Sister MRIDULA wrote: "Lovely Review.:)"

Thank you, MRIDULA!

DeAnn I really liked this one too Brenda!

Brenda - Traveling Sister I am so glad you did too, DeAnn!